Baingan Bharta spices is very popular dish in india veg recipe. Smokey roasted eggplant cooking every time any of wader. Smoke roasted eggplant one of my personal favorites too.
Baingan bharta is a basically wooden fire roasted eggplant mash cooking with spices. I always ats baingan bharta which was just smoked eggplant mash mixed with mustard oil, onion,Chopped garlic, tomato and some pickle masala. It is the best enjoyed with hot taba roti or paratha.
I prepare this Baingan Bharta recipe as often as I can, because the seasonal Eggplants are way more nutritious than the ones available during other seasons of the year. Eggplant being full of fiber it enhances the process of digestion and I out of all feel really good after eating delicacies made from eggplant.
Because of me, some of my BFFs have started eating Baingan Ka Bharta as well and now they regret for not having tasted it way before, ha! Serve this Punjabi Restaurant Style Brinjal Bharta with Laccha Parathas or Phulkas and enjoy a superb meal, here’s its recipe.
I am sure you are going to love it. Here is a step by step and video of how to make Baingan Bharta Recipe at home.
The Best Baingan Bharta
The most way to make it extra flavorful is to roast the eggplant using microwave and oven too but this dish so you have to fire roast the eggplant.
Another way to make to roast some plant is roasted, you mash it up and then cook it with ginger,onion,tomato and some spices.
I think the smoke flavour that come from roasting the eggplant makes it so flavorful that it’s hard not to like it, until and unless of course you are like my mom(mother) who have made up their minds that bharta is not be eaten no matter, Baingan bharta is best enjoyed this taba roti or paratha. It goes well with rice too but I personally just polish off the entire plate with hot taba roti.
- Medium size eggplant-2pcs
- Muster oil-2 tablespoon
- Cumin seeds-1 tablespoon
- Medium size onion-2pic
- Garlic paste-1 tablespoon
- Tomatoes-1 pcs
- Ginger-1 tablespoon
- Coriander powder-1/2 tablespoon
- Chili powder-1/2 tablespoon
- Cumin powder-1/2 tablespoon
- Garam Masala-1/2 tablespoon
- Fresh Green coriander
Cooking Time of Baingan Bharta
- Prep time: 10 minutes
- Cook time: 30 Minutes
- Servings: Servings
- Author: Tastefoods kitchen
- Course: Curry
Baingan Bharta cooking step by step
1. Baingan Bharta (Smoke Eggplant) rinse is the water and dry a kitchen wapking. Apply some oil all over and keep it for smokey on an open flame
2. You can also grill the baingan or roasting in the oven and the eggplant turning after 3 to 4 minutes on the flame. So that its evenly cooked. Roasted the aubergine till its completely cooked and tender with a knife check the doneness. The knife should slide easily in aubergines without any resistance. remove the baingan and immerse is a bowl of water till it cools down.
3.The third method is to roasted eggplant allow fully and then peel and discard the charred.
4. The forth method is to cool roasted eggplant coarsely mash it and as do for later use.
5. Now set up a pan on medium neat and add 1 to 1.5 tablespoon cooking Oil.
6. Once the add chopped garlic, Ginger and chili sauth until they start changing color around 2 minutes. Then add in the chopped onion and cook for 2-3 Minutes until softened. Don’t drown them.
7. Add the tomato all the powdered spices, including the grame masala and salt and mix to combine. Cook the bharta for another 5 minutes on medium-low heat, stirring often.
8. Add the chopped cooked baingan
Baingan bharta is finally ready serve baingan ka bharta with hot taba roti. It goes well even with plain rice or jeera rice.